27 julio 2013

July night

I said goodnight to you last night with the full intent of it eign foreveer. You said, "sleep tight" and I wanted to tell you what you were to me, but I didn´t. Because it was easier for me to let the silence fill the air between us then my jumbled words fumbling to make sense of another July night. When I think of you I´ll glass door as we all snuck in past curfew. I will see your face every time I find myself on a rooftop with my legs shaking and the stars so close I could touch them. You are 4 nights of bad decisions and nervous laughter, but we ran through the night only to find that the morning hadn´t forgotten about us. I woke up this morning and I knew that from today on you would begin your descent into becoming nothing more than a memory."sleep tight", you told me. I think our kings have all run out.


No hay comentarios: